- This event has passed.
Weekend Intensive: In Person with Kaya Herstad Carney, London. Starts 28th October
Saturday,28/10/2017 @ 11:00 - 17:00 BST£447.00
DATES & TIMESSession 1: Saturday 28th October Session 2: Sunday 29th October Session 3: Saturday 11th November Session 4: Sunday 12th November 11AM to 5PM (BST) daily Time Convertor You must attend all sessions across both weekends to achieve your certificate of attendance.
VENUEFinchley Road Studios 485a Finchley Rd (Entrance off West End Lane) London NW3 6HS
ABOUTClick HERE to read more about artist developing entrepreneur, Kaya Herstad Carney Class sizes are limited. Book early to avoid disappointment. If we do not get a minimum number of attendees the course will have to be postponed.
ABOUT THE COURSEThe course will consist of a mix of anatomy and physiology, vocal technique and practical application with interactive teaching components to get you started on your journey into becoming a singing teacher.
COURSE DETAILSWHAT’S IN THE COURSE
- Intro to the anatomy of the voice (larynx, vocal cords, respiratory system)
- Assessing the singer and their voice
- Vocal exercises sounds/scales/instruction to help the singer sing better
- Intro to the science behind singing
- Practical demos
- Basic keyboard skills
- Equipping your studio
- Developing a lesson plan
- Delivering the first lesson
- Delivering ongoing lessons
- Teaching/learning styles and pedagogy
- Vocal pathology (i.e. vocal damage)
- Vocal health advice
- Basic business and marketing strategies
- Useful resources for singing teachers
- Plus much more…
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE
- A clear and practical method for getting started as a singing teacher
- Useful resources and recommendations
- Recording of each class as well as a copy of the lesson presentation
- A signed Certificate of Attendance at the end of the course.
- A bunch of new friends with similar interests!
- 3 months free BAST membership for ongoing education and support
- Notifications for ongoing educational events and resources
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of professional experience as a singer/performer. Think about it if you don’t have much singing performance experience it will be hard to convince someone that you know enough to help them become a singer.
- Music theory qualifications or Grade 5 minimum knowledge recommended. Knowledge is power.
- Keyboard skills also recommended but not compulsory. It is highly recommended you consider piano lessons if you have no keyboard experience. Being able to play and control scales, plonk out a melody or a set of chords goes a long way in this game. We do cover basic scale building and piano fingering in the course.